Is Liposuction Right For Me?
April 13, 2015
These days, many people have grown interested in removing excess fat from various regions of their bodies. If this is the case for you, you may have looked into whether liposuction would be the appropriate or ideal way for you to realize this objective.
Liposuction: A Brief Overview
Although defined broadly, liposuction is a surgical procedure that works by removing excess fat from an individual’s body. To accomplish this objective, the doctor will make a tiny incision in the patient’s skin and then insert a utensil which cuts the fat and subsequently vacuums it from his or her body.
During the procedure, a fluid that contains blood-clotting medicines and anesthetic is injected beneath the skin. This works to reduce pain, decrease bleeding, and make the tissue of fat easier for the doctor to remove. In general, it is not necessary for the doctor to put the patient to sleep.
Is Liposuction Right For You?
Liposuction is best for the following people:
- Individuals who are within 30 percent of their target weight
- People who have good muscular tone and elastic, firm skin
- Individuals who are not plagued with a medical condition that could compromise the healing process
- People who do not smoke
- Individuals who have a positive outlook on life and specific objectives in terms of body contouring
Scheduling Your Liposuction Consultation
One of the best ways to determine whether the liposuction procedure would be appropriate or ideal for you is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Landon Pryor. During the consultation, the following activities will typically be discussed:
- Your objectives as they pertain to liposuction
- Your drug allergies, medical treatments, and medical conditions
- Your current vitamins, medications, herbal supplements and use of drugs like tobacco or alcohol
- Any previous surgeries you may have had
Additionally, the surgeon will likely:
- Take photos
- Determine your general health status
- Evaluate any pre-existing risk factors or health conditions
- Discuss liposuction treatment options
- Recommend the ideal treatment format
- Discuss liposuction risks and complications
Although liposuction can yield positive results, it is important to note that making dietary modifications and exercising regularly are still considered to be the ideal way to shed excess body fat. A healthy lifestyle of regular exercise and a healthy diet are the key to maintaining your liposuction results.
If you’re interested in getting liposuction to improve the quality of your life, contact Transformations Plastic Surgery to schedule your consultation. Our medical team will be able to answer any questions you may have. We can also customize a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs to ensure you get the best possible results.